Ground was broken for St. Mary Seminary March 19, 1924. Located on Ansel Road overlooking Rockefeller Park, the building is impressive and architecturally masterful. Built in the Spanish Mission Style, the projecting central pavilion possesses a curved gable in Rococo style, flanked by twin octagonal towers with a Spanish tile roof.
The Hitchcock Center for Women is an innovative addiction treatment facility and the only provider in Cuyahoga County that focuses on women and their families, allowing patients to have their children live with them while they seek treatment. Adapting the former seminary to the rehabilitation center has made perfect use of the large, cloistered complex of private rooms and social spaces, dining rooms, classrooms, and gymnasium.
To read more about this project click here