Membership and Administrative Assistant
The Cleveland Restoration Society is a non-profit, 501(c)(3) membership organization dedicated to the preservation of greater Cleveland’s historic resources. The Society advocates for the preservation of historic landmarks in greater Cleveland; promotes awareness of historic resources through educational programs and publications; sponsors events for its members; operates a Sacred Landmarks Support Initiative to aid the caretakers of religious landmarks with repair and maintenance issues; and operates the Heritage Home Program, a unique homeowner assistance program, in 40 cities and villages in Cuyahoga, Summit, Geauga and Lorain Counties. The Membership and Administrative Assistant has the opportunity to join a non-profit as an entry level, full-time staff person (40 hours per week) and assist with all membership and administrative affairs of the Cleveland Restoration Society.
- Assisting the Business & Accounting Manager
- Data entry of accounts payable utilizing QuickBooks software
- Processing payments and make bank deposits
- Maintaining all vendor records in QuickBooks including W-9 information
Filing of all paid invoices
- Assisting the Marketing & Public Relations Specialist
- Setting up and tracking registrations for events
- Generating registration acknowledgements
Creating tax receipt letters
- Assisting the Director of Development and Development and Marketing Associate
- Entering all incoming donations
- Generating acknowledgement letters
- Producing invoices for membership billing
- Printing, assembling, and mailing direct mail appeals
- Running membership reports
- Running reports for annual fund campaigns
- Maintenance of records, including address updates and other basic record changes
- Coordination with Business & Finance Manager to ensure matching records
Maintaining Paypal, including reconciling monthly PayPal receipts
- Answering incoming calls including access for visitors
- Processing, date stamping and distributing daily mail
- Maintaining online calendar for events and scheduled meetings
- Maintaining office/building supplies and ordering as needed
- Providing assistance as needed in preparation for various meetings
- Providing administrative assistance to the President
Performing other duties as assigned
Qualifications: The Membership and Administrative Assistant must be:
- a quick study of business software programs, including QuickBooks, Excel, and Word and have the ability to learn new programs such as CharityProud;
- a team worker with the ability to work successfully with a range of people, including staff members, and other individuals involved with Cleveland Restoration Society; and
a motivated self-starter able to work with little supervision.
Salary: The annual salary for this position is $30,000.
Applications: All applications should be submitted via email to Katie Leskowitz and should include:
- A résumé;
- A writing sample;
Copies of any college or graduate school transcripts.
Must be fully vaccinated for Covid-19.