Development and Grants Manager
The Cleveland Restoration Society is seeking a Development and Grants Manager to join its dynamic organization. The right individual will have experience in structuring development strategies, writing grant requests, preparing grant reports, and structuring membership campaigns for a non-profit organization. Experience in the Cleveland, Cuyahoga County and Northeast Ohio area is desirable but not essential. A background or education in historic preservation, American history and culture, or urban studies is highly desirable but not essential for an outstanding candidate. The successful candidate will know how to leverage opportunities for fundraising from the day-to-day excellent work of Cleveland Restoration Society.
The Development and Grants Manager will:
- Manage Membership assistant.
- Manage membership drives, renewals, and engagement.
- Manage Annual Fund drives in spring and fall.
- Maintain membership database along with the Development and Marketing Assistant
- Manage trustee engagement by maintaining participation and donation records, assisting with preparation and execution of Board meetings as necessary, communicate with Trustees as needed on all CRS matters.
- Publish Annual Report. Source, compile, write and edit articles and images for the report. Carefully track and list organization supporters in appropriate categories.
- Assist with writing, editing and publishing other organizational material including CRS’s acclaimed magazine, Façade, program and event booklets, invitations, letters and informational material.
- Maintain grant schedule and files, manage calendar of proposals and reports.
- Draft, write and edit proposals, reports and all grant related information such as letters of support, organizational documents and supporting materials required for each application.
- Keep up to date with online passwords, portals and contact information for all funders.
- Seek new funding opportunities
- Be familiar with funding tools through Candid and Grantspace
This position reports to the President and the Chief Operating Officer and can be either a full-time or part-time, permanent position. Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degree preferred. Knowledge of Cleveland, its history and neighborhoods, culture and architecture is beneficial. Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential. Attention to detail and strong organizational skills required. Ability to work well with others in a fast-paced office is essential to success.
The Cleveland Restoration Society is an award-winning historic preservation organization. It offers competitive salaries and a full slate of benefits after a six-month introductory period. Please submit a resume, college or university transcripts, and a writing sample (preferably a recent grant request) to Katie Leskowitz, Development and Marketing Assistant, email@example.com no later than December 31, 2019. No calls, please.