Sponsor a Civil Rights Trail Marker
“I never feel like a stranger when I come to Cleveland because I have so many dear friends here in the ministry and in the community.” — Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., April 26, 1967
The Cleveland Restoration Society is creating an African American Civil Rights Trail in Cleveland. The first of its kind in the North, the Trail will memorialize ten (10) sites in Cleveland that were significant to the Modern Civil Rights Movement (1954-1964) and the Second Revolution (1964-1976) and remain relevant today. Each site will be marked with an Ohio Historical Marker (such as the one pictured) and supported by a dedicated website with in-depth content written by civil rights scholars.We invite you to support this worthy project by sponsoring an Ohio Historical Marker on the African American Civil Rights Trail.
Your $10,000 sponsorship will fund:
- The design, construction, and installation of one (1) Ohio Historical Marker at one (1) of the ten designated Civil Rights Trail sites.
- The cost to engage a scholar in writing the text for the marker and providing interpretive content on the dedicated Civil Rights Trail website
You will receive special recognition:
- As the sponsor of one (1) Ohio Historical Marker on the Civil Rights Trail website
- At the installation ceremony of the Ohio Historical Marker supported by your sponsorship (including recognition in the opening remarks and in the program)
- In the Cleveland Restoration Society’s Perspectives e-newsletter, Facade magazine, and on social media.
Your $10,000 pledge may be satisfied over multiple years. Sponsor a marker today and make history by preserving history.
For more information about this sponsorship opportunity, please contact Anne Doten at email@example.com or 216-426-3109.
We wish to thank the following companies that have pledged $10,000 to sponsor a marker on the African American Civil Rights Trail: